YonGO TRAVEL is about guided budget or backpack-style travel.
- Reasonable accommodation
- Local public transport, chartered bus and vans or self-drive trips
- Self-catered food or local eateries
We do each destination differently with affordable costs in mind.
We also participate in nature or soft adventure activities in many of the trips. This include day walks in parks & mountains, multi-day hikes, caving, kayaking, rafting etc
Our groups are small usually ranging from 10 to 16, but can be more depending on the places visited and types of transport we use.
Since 1994, we have organised trips to the following destinations:-
- South America - Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Cuba, Mexico, Guatemala
- Middle East - Syria, Jordan, Lebonan, Turkey
- China - Tibet, Jiuzhaigou, Yunnan, Silk Road, Guizhou, Zhangjiajie, Guilin, Yading
- India - Himachal Pradesh, Bhapa Pass, Rajasthan, Kerala, Sikkim, Leh, Kashmir
- Asia - South Korea, Bhutan, Nepal, Pakistan, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Japan
- Europe - Austria, Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Romania, Bulgaria, Montenegro
- Africa - South Africa Cape Town & Garden Route, Zimbabwe Victoria Falls, Kruger National Park, Madagascar
- New Zealand - North & South Islands, Milford Trek
- Malaysia - Maliau Basin, Mount Kinabalu, Sipadan Mabul & Kapalai islands
YONGO ASSOCIATES & FUN-TRIP LEADERS
Lee Min is one of the founding brothers of Yongo Travel together with Lee Keng. He has been active in the outdoors and backpacking around the world since his 20s.
Lee Min is still very much involved with the operations and takes charge of finding new routes for trip members.
Lee Keng has now taken a back seat in the daily operations of the business because of his full-time managerial position with a MNC.But he is still actively travelling and seeks out new destinations for Yongo Travel to explore further.
Rachel joined Yongo Travel back in 2007 as a trip leader and has been crucial in developing new destinations around China & India. She has been travelling around Asia since her 20s.
Besides taking charge of China & India trips, Rachel is also actively trip leading for many countries. Travelling for her is opportunity for self-discovery and improvement. She enjoy photography, hiking, reading, music and various outdoor activities.
Siew Ngoh joined Yongo as a trip member in 2006 to Pakistan. Since then, she has assisted us with trip leading to various destinations, besides enjoying some of the trips as another travel member.
She is also a keen writer and her articles have been featured in several major local newspapers under the travel section. She enjoys hiking, biking and handicraft works.
Min Yee is our bubbly trip leader currently residing in Sitiawan. She has joined Yongo on various trips since 2008 and became our trip leader from 2011 onwards.
She enjoys hiking and enjoys seeking backroads around China and rest of Asia.
Wye Yim joined Yongo on the Jiuzhaigou trip back in 2010. Since 2012, she has been leading groups to various destinations. Wye Yim has taken over some planning responsibilities from Lee Min, thus giving him more time to find new travel inspirations.
Before Yongo, Wye Yim has worked in various fields including a local adventure company and organic farming. She enjoys hiking, biking and various outdoor activities.
Pauline joined Yongo on a Morocco trip in 2008. Since 2012, she has been more active in leading groups to China, India and Morocco.
Currently residing in Penang, Pauline is another energetic lady who enjoys photography, hiking, biking, and various outdoor activities.